CALL FOR SESSIONS
Adaptation Futures is committed to producing rich, interactive sessions which engage diverse participants, support the conference objectives and align with the conference themes
. We invite you to submit a proposal to organise an open or closed special session at the conference. As the session organiser, you define the topic and format of the special session.
In an open session, the session organisers define the topic and format of the session, invite one or more speakers to anchor the session, but advertise for and accept contributions from the wider community through their own networks and the conference website. All contributions for an open special session will need to be submitted via the conference abstract submission process. The conference SteerCom
may also suggest additional contributors to the session. You also organise the smooth running of the session and provide a summary report for the conference report. The session should fit a 1 hour 45 minute time slot, unless otherwise arranged.
In a closed session, the session organisers define the topic and format of the session, and invite all speakers/contributors in the session. Therefore the session proposal needs to include details of all the speakers/contributors. You also organise the smooth running of the session and provide a summary report for the conference report. The session should fit a 1 hour 45 minute time slot, unless otherwise arranged.
- The Science, Policy and Practice Review Panel will review the session proposals.
- The conference SteerCom will make the final decision.
Our main criteria for selection will be quality, relevance and diversity and inclusivity. We particularly welcome sessions that:
- Facilitate dialogue between research and government, civil society, international agencies and business
- Contribute to a diverse and balanced programme that focuses on solutions and innovations
- Link adaptation action to sustainable development, investment and planning
- Contribute to a programme with a wide range of topics, stakeholders, scales and regions
- Use stimulating session formats with plenty of opportunity for audience interaction
- Showcase examples of research or new practices that are internationally applicable
- Involve a partner organisation from a different region.
Conditions of Acceptance
By submitting a proposal, the session team agrees that:
- Abstracts, presentations, photos and/ or videos may be published on the conference website and other communications materials.
- The Local Organising Committee will decide on the date and time for the selected sessions. (Preferences for dates can be given but are not guaranteed).
- The SteerCom may ask session organisers to merge their proposed session with another session, or to include additional contributors or change the session format.
- The responsibility for covering the costs associated with registration, travel and accommodation of the session team lies with the organising institution.
General Guidelines for Completing the Submission Form
- Specify the session organiser, chair and rapporteur and any other key team members.
- Select a conference theme
- Select a session format
- Provide a summary of the proposed session (max 500 words) including how it will be organised and moderated.
- Provide the outcomes of the session (max 50 words)
- Motivate if you would want additional time (additional sessions) beyond the 1hour 45minutes.
- Indicate a partner organisation (recommended).
The deadline for proposal submissions is 15 September 2017. However, if you send an overview of your proposal to email@example.com, we will consider granting an extension until 30 September 2017.