PARTICIPATION IN ADAPTATION FUTURES 2018
Adaptation Futures 2018 invites multiples types of participation by diverse stakeholders from the global adaptation community:
- Presenters – delegates wishing to present academic research, innovative adaptation practices, or new policy work;
- Exhibitors – businesses, consultancies, development agencies and NGOs wishing to demonstrate their services or products;
- Attendees – those wishing to attend the conference to learn and connect.
Because this conference is taking place in Africa, we aim to attract as many African delegates as possible, and hope to provide Attendance Grants to enable this.
The conference will host a Business and Practice Day on Wednesday 20 June with a special rate for business leaders. This will start with an Executive Breakfast, and continue with special sessions of interest to companies in diverse adaptation sectors. Participating in Adaptation Futures 2018 will offer companies a unique opportunity to engage with climate change adaptation leaders from around the world in the following sectors: agriculture, biodiversity, soil, forests, fisheries, coastal zones, water, energy, tourism, health and infrastructure. Businesses are invited to participate in Adaptation Futures 2018 in several ways:
- Sponsor a session that deals with an adaptation issue in your field and engage strongly with the organisers;
- Sponsor a delegate – provide an attendance grant for delegates from developing countries, thus ensuring a truly global conference, and receive great branding opportunities plus a stand at the Expo ;
- Sponsor a social networking event and benefit from visibility and branding opportunities;
- Exhibit products or services at the Adaptation Expo.